It’s now a common fact that you should know if you are interested in dairy farming. Any cow fed on grasses alone will never achieve its full milk yield potential. You must therefore supplement the forage with concentrates.
Currently there is a great variety of concentrates in the market. All may be good but there is one disadvantage of using them. They are expensive. This booklet aims to help farmers understand how they can cost effectively feed their dairy cattle ensuring that they reap maximum economic benefits from their farm.
This booklet aims to help the farmer achieve the following:
- Efficient utilization of locally available feed resources
- Improvement in milk production and quality (fat and solids-not-fat)
- Reduction in daily feeding cost
- Increase in net daily income
- Improvement in reproduction efficiency of animals
- Reduction in calving interval, and as a result increase in productive life
- Improvement in the growth rate of calves, leading to early maturity and earlier calving
- Reduction in parasitic load
- Better immune response, hence better resistance against diseases
There are no reviews yet.